I developed mindful movement for pain course out of my many years of experience working with people with long term injuries or pain including chronic pain.
The 6 week workshop is an introduction to this unique approach to pain which is based on current evidence in the field and my many years of teaching experience.
Persistent pain is a mind-body connection that requires a holistic approach to management. Yoga and Feldenkrais improve your ability to sense your movements, habits and attitudes and develop new pathways in your brain for decreasing the feedback mechanisms associated with pain.
The course will give you some simple tools that you can incorporate into your daily life to begin your journey toward healing your persistent pain. The outcome of the course is that you will find yourself more relaxed and better able to move forward toward healing and coping.
The course covers
- Gentle mindful movement based on Yoga and Feldenkrais which will give you more suppleness, strength and awareness of your body and its innate intelligence
- Relaxation practices such as Yoga Nidra and body scan that will help you let go of excess muscular and accumulated mental tensions
- Restorative or Yin style Yoga practices which replenish depleted energy and enhance its flow
- An introduction to mindfulness meditation and mindfulness in daily life as applied to manage your pain
- Resources to help you continue your journey at home
- Education on the biology of pain and current research
Yoga for beginners: this course is also a gentle introduction to yoga for those looking to join a yoga class in a small group setting with expert guidance.
To find out more about the mindful movement for pain classes, call me on 0407 433 565 or contact me here.