Research is now showing that Yoga is an effective approach for those with chronic back pain and other musculoskeletal problems.
There are several reasons why it is so effective for movement / postural based disorders:
- Yoga is about the whole body moving and often an injury is about a pattern not just the particular joint where the pain is felt. Both Yoga and Feldenkrais are whole body approaches
- The whole body movements address underlying fascial and muscular imbalances and return us to moving freely
- Awareness of the body tightness or where we hold tension is also improved which is a potent part of the process of recovery
- Yoga addresses the underlying mental and emotional issues that are often related to our pain – remember the muscles and the brain are intimately connected
- And last but not least Yoga feels good, so we want to keep doing it!!!
Check out one-to-one yoga with Margery.
View the yoga class timetable for classes in Annandale, Balmain and Camperdown in Sydney’s inner west.
Connect with Margery on Facebook.